1 year, 11 months ago
First semester project for Decision Systems 2021/2022 Course
This is the first project for students enrolled in the Decision System 2021/2022 course at the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics, and Mechanics at the University of Warsaw.
The goal of this competition is to construct a scoring model for predicting winners in the Hearthstone video game (https://playhearthstone.com/).
More detailed competition rules are given in Terms and Conditions.
The description of the data and evaluation metric is in the Task description section.
Participants of the challenge are obliged to follow the competition rules:
- This challenge is organized by Andrzej Janusz (the Organizer) for students enrolled in the Decision System 2021/2022 course at the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics, and Mechanics at the University of Warsaw.
- The provided data sets are the property of the Organizer and the KnowledgePit platform. It is forbidden to share or redistribute provided data sets to any third party without explicit consent from the Organizer.
- Participants can work individually or as a team consisting of maximally two persons. The teams need to be formed at the beginning of the challenge. Participants cannot change their teams.
- Each team has a limited number of submissions - the limit is set to 100.
- The number of submissions per day is limited to 5.
- Participants can use data that was made available in the challenge - using any external resources is possible only after receiving explicit consent from the Organizer. Queries regarding the external resources need to be issued through the competition forum.
- It is strictly forbidden to hack the provided data or to exploit any unfair data leak that can improve the solution score. All attempts at making predictions for any test instance using information extracted from other test instances will result in disqualification.
- The deadline for submitting the solutions is December 12, 2021 (23:59 GMT). Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Each team is obliged to provide a short report describing their final solution. The report must contain information such as the name of the team, the names of all team members, and a brief overview of the used approach. The description should explain all data preprocessing steps and model construction steps. It should be submitted in the KnowledgePit submission system by December 12, 2021 (23:59 GMT).
- By enrolling in this competition, you grant the Organizer the right to process your submissions and reports for the purpose of evaluation and post-competition research.
- The final project score will depend on the quality of the solution (the score obtained in the final evaluation), and on the quality of the submitted report.
The provided data describe game states from Hearthstone games played by simple bots. Each row in the data files describes a single game state by a number of features. The first column contains the decision, i.e. information if player 1 won the game. The following three columns indicate the turn from which the game state was obtained and two bot IDs. The remaining 268 columns contain characteristics describing the situation on the game board. Names of those columns were anonymized to prevent the use of expert knowledge about the game.
The data tables are provided as two CSV files with the ',' (coma) separator sign. They can be downloaded after the registration to the competition. Both files (training and test sets) have exactly the same format but all the values from the decision column in the test set are missing.
The evaluation metric will be AUC. During the competition, your solutions will be evaluated on a small fraction of the test set (5%), and your best preliminary AUC score will be displayed on the public Leaderboard.
The submission format: the solutions need to be submitted as text files with predictions. The file should have exactly the same number of rows as the test data table. In each row, it should contain exactly one real number expressing the likeliness that the correct decision value for the corresponding test set instance is 1.
|Rank||Team Name||Is Report||Preliminary Score||Final Score||Submissions|
Grzegorz i Olaf
|False||0.7912||No report file found or report rejected.||8|